Here are a couple of updates on the Marco Polo Reloaded films:
German speakers can now view clips from the Marco Polo series at the website of Marco Polo Reisen.
The main Marco Polo Reloaded webdoc site is now locked to visitors from the US and UK (sorry, it's an international rights thing) but you can currently view the clips at Marco Polo Reisen and some are in English.
Over the last few months the Marco Polo Reloaded films have just been shown in Italy on Rai 5 Italian TV, in Germany on Hessicher Rundfunk, in Canada on the Knowledge channel where Canadians can watch episodes online, and on a three hour marathon event across Germany via satellite station 3Sat. Most recently it was on in July 2012 on German station NDR.
One thing to look out for in June is the unveiling of four Marco Polo Reloaded apps, for iPhone and iPad, which will include the four 52 minute films, as well as some photos and thoughts from the trip. The physical DVDs are even for sale on the German version of www.amazon.com
Thanks for reading. Safe travels for 2012!
Current Favourite Sounds (click on them to hear)
- Daughter - The Wild Youth
- The Tallest Man on Earth - There's No Leaving Now
- Peter Gabriel - New Blood
- Sera Cahoone - Deer Creek Canyon
- The Head & the Heart - The Head and the Heart
- Gillian Welch - The Harrow & the Harvest
- The Tiger Lillies
- The Decemberists - The King is Dead
- Angus & Julia Stone - Down the Way
- Ethiopiques - The Very Best Of
- Tabu Ley Rochereau - The Voice of Lightness: Congo Classics 1961-1977
- Iron & Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
- Choying Drolma - Cho
- A Single Man Soundtrack
- Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town
- Sigur Ros - ()
- Kate Rusby - Sleepless
- Elegy - Soundtrack
- Yuck - Yuck
- Eric Agyeman - West African Gold